About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Before and after...and after!

Happy New Year peeps! I just finished my first before and after of the year, kinda. It's definitely an improvement, but I know it has more potential. And that's where you wonderful people come in! First let me give you a little back story on this monstrosity in my living room. It's huge. Like steroid huge. And bulky. And I DO. NOT. LIKE. IT. There. That's my little fit over our entertainment center. I will grow up now and act somewhat like an adult.  But seriously, I don't like it. And I have no idea what to do with it. Oh, and did I mention it matches NOTHING else in our living room? Yeah, nothing. 

This is the only picture I could find of the thing with nothing on it. Sorry it's horrible, and you can't see half of it. But you get the idea. Oh, and we have a TV from the 90's, seriously. Yes, I would love a new flat screen, but this ol' sucker is still kicking so I can't really see the point in buying a new one. Hubby doesn't agree with me on that though, he also likes the entertainment center. Ugh!

It's gotten so bad that I've considered tearing it apart. Or taking the saw to those shelves so it's not so big. Paint, maybe? I can't even hardly watch movies anymore because I keep staring at the shelves wondering what to do with them. Yeah. I know! Can we say obsessive?

Here it is after I decorated it. What do you think? I have no idea what to do with it. If you have any suggestions or ideas for it please let me know.  There really is no function to it, or balance. I am not good with that stuff, but I know a lot of people in blogland are so please help me!

Here are a few close up pics of the shelves. I just shopped the house, used scrapbook paper, and twine and decided I could live with it. I know it could use some improvements though.




So, whatcha say? Wanna help? Do you have any piece of furniture in your house you hate? Please tell me I'm not the only one :)


Linking to TDC's Before and After party, you should go check out all those amazing projects!

P.S. Sorry about the glare in all these pictures. It's a sunny 70 degrees in these parts. Sorry if your stuck in the snow. We certainly are not!

3 comments:

Krystle said...

What would match the rest of your furniture.... I see the bulkiness part.... honestly I would paint it just because that what I do.... I don't know what type of wood it is, but we had a dresser that didn't match and I took a sander and paint and new attachments to it and now I love it love it love it!!! Plus it would mesh better with your decor

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Sorry! I gave you the wrong link above. Anyway, here was my comment (with the right link)
Hi! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog (my mantel). Just start playing around and things will come together, the fun thing is, is if you don't like it you can redo it (the decor that is). I love to blog hop to get inspiration. Have you ever checked out http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com? She is AMAZING and very inspirational