About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Magic Reindeer Food

This is such a fun gift for your neighbors with children, classmates,  sunday school class, do i need to keep going or do you get the idea?! Oh, and it's so super easy and cute too! Bonus points!!

So here's what you need to make one batch (but it's so easy to multiply):
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1/4 Cup Sugar
Red and Green Sprinkles
Red and Green Edible Glitter (optional)
Ribbon
Cellophane Bags

(If you have young children that don't know reindeer can't eat glitter, you can just use plain:)

All you do is mix it all together and pour it in a bag. Tie it with cute Christmas ribbon and attatch this poem:

Feel free to copy and paste mine and just print it out. ( You love me right? ;)
The food will be gone the next morning and your kids will be super stoked! It totally adds to the magic of Christmas.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of us making ours , because some little stinker two year old that decided to make my day, poured out sugar all over the kitchen floor.  Yeah... I know...

I hope you try this with your kiddo's, or pass it out to your friends!

Happy December,

All Things Heart and Home

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love this! When my children were little, we used to mix up oatmeal and glitter and do this every year...one of our favorites. We even made up little ziplock bags and did it for party favors at a class Christmas party. Such a big hit! Thanks for sharing an edible recipe and the tag!!! I'm going to try this with my grandkids this year.