About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Paci Pal

Hello Peeps! Have I got something fun for you today! Here's the pitch- Are you tired of losing pacifiers? Or having to dig around to find them in your diaper bag or car seat? Do you have pacifier clips but lose those too or forget to put them on your pacifier? Yeah... me too!! Enter The Paci Pal-

Isn't he adorable?

Have you seen the "Binky Buddy" online anywhere? I first saw them on Etsy and thought they were adorable! But they are anywhere from $15-40, seriously. So I decided to make my own. FOR FREE! And, guess what? You can too :) I'm calling it a Paci Pal because my hubby is against calling them "binkies". He says "It's a pacifier, not a binky." (He's weird;)

All you need is a small stuffed animal. The flatter the better. I used a Beanie Baby and cut him open in the belly and took some of the beanie out.
Your also going to need:
4in piece of ribbon
1- 1in piece of velcro. (I don't know velcro etiquette but, the rough and soft side)
Seam ripper
Needle and thread

First take your velcro and sew it onto your ribbon. Sew one 1in piece at the very end of the ribbon, then sew the other piece at your 3in mark. You should have one inch of velcro, one inch of ribbon, one inch of velcro, one inch of ribbon. Make sense? Good!


Now, take your seam ripper and rip the thread out around your pals mouth. I know it sounds brutal, but they don't mind :)

And rip about one inch open:

*Disclaimer- Yes, I know I have a fat thumb. It is short and stumpy and completely different than my other one. Everyone makes fun of me and calls it a toe. Sorry if it grosses you out ;)

Then take the end of your ribbon that doesn't have velcro on it and stick it in his open mouth until you are about 1/4 in away from the velcro piece, and sew it shut. I sewed mine a little to the side because I thought it might be a little bit easier, but it doesn't matter.


Give this sweet cutie to your little one and watch how excited they get! Isn't it adorable? Oh, and it also helps develop hand/eye coordination so bonus points! I hope you will try to make one of these for your little one, or friends or family. They really are super easy and so cute. Enjoy!





All Things Heart and Home

5 comments:

Jennifer Dawn said...

This is a cute idea! I love the third picture from the bottom where he is just staring into the puppy's face. So cute! Thanks for stopping by earlier.

Donene said...

What a darling idea, and he looks so happy to have his friend! Thanks for your nice comments!

Beth said...

That is SUPER awesome. Neither of my kids has taken a pacifier (which I really would have LOVED during that phase where they can't get their hands in their mouth but want something to suck on!)
And Velcro- Hook is the rough side and Loop is the soft side.

Amy said...

Such a great idea to make it yourself!! You are just soooo talented and creative! I love reading your blog!! Thanks for the tip!

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Oh my He is the most adorable little one! What a clever project.