About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 10, 2011

The mantle

My current mantle is in-between themes. It's a little bit wintery, a little bit spring-ish, a little bit Valentines, and a little bit rock-n-roll. Well, maybe not.


Here's the rundown- The mirror above has our last name on it with Families are Forever over top of it. What? You can't see it? There's a glare? Oh yeah, that's because I'm such an awesome picture taker....NOT! Sorry peeps;) The mirror is from Home Interiors (I don't think it's called that anymore) and it's probably as old as I am, but it was a hand me down from my Grandma so I love it. I added the vinyl to it last year, and I really want to paint it but i'm scared and can't decide on a color, so for now it stays as is.

I picked up some pine cones outside and put them in a jar, and scattered them across the mantle. I left my green garland up there from Christmas to give it a little more natural look. I used some moss and porcelain eggs to make a "nest" and put a chubby little bird on top. We'll call her Gretta :)


The Love rock was a wedding gift from back in the day. I think it's for a flower bed or something but I liked it and it kept with the natural theme.  The dogwoods are from the next shelf over. They needed some new scenery so I obliged.

That big honkin' pine cone was one that my hubby brought me from East Texas. Have you ever seen one so huge? I love it! Look how little and sweet my princess is in that picture! Ugh.... why do they have to grow up? My twine tree was made last year, I just added a brown bow to it. I guess that's about all my little mantle has to offer for now :) Beth over at The Stories of A to Z is having a winter mantle linky party, you can find me there! 

Click on the picture below to go directly to the party. There are a lot of great mantles linked up.
Stay warm,

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your mantel looks perfect for the season...I love all the pine cones {that is a biggy!] and your candles. Very nicely done, Chelsy! Oh...your daughter is just beautiful!

XO,
Jane

Beth said...

I love your family sign and I'm thrilled you linked up!