About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Feet That Ghosts Are Made Of.

Hey Y'all! Guess what? I have a super fun craft for some of my favorite peeps (that's you;) to make today! I know Halloween is still a few weeks away, but I got the fev-ah. The kids and I created these shirts, and I am so super in love with them!

I've seen a TON of crafts with handprints, but I have this thing with baby feet. I. KNOW. They are so soft and sweet and I wanted to make something with this sweet boys foot before he was too big and too cool to realize how weird I am.

Are you ready to make your own sweet little ghost? Here is what you are going to need:
*T-Shrit (Black would have been ideal for me, but I was working with what I had, and you can too:)
 *One cute little eensy weensy foot. (Or in my case, a 3yo with a super huge ginormous foot, because your cute little eensy weensy baby foot wouldn't be still. Just to be clear, I love my super, huge, ginormous, 3yo foot just as much as my eensy, weensy, baby foot;)
*White fabric

*Black fabric
*Buttons, Ribbon, or any other embellishments you feel necessary.
*Iron on Tape (optional)



These are the shirts I used. I think they turned out super cute with these colors.
 
So, what I did  is traced my childs foot on to paper, cut it out and pinned it to white fabric, backwards, then cut it out.

 I also cut out a mouth and drew a squigily circle to use as the arms for my ghost. (I apologize for my wonderful art skills :)
I cut out all my pieces on white fabric, and placed on the shirt.  I decided to mix it up a little and put it up in the top left hand side. I know, I'm a wild one. I used iron on tape to hold our little ghost in place while I sewed it. But it's totally optional.

 Then, I just sewed it on, added my eyes, mouth, and a little bow for our girl ghost. I chose to hand sew our new little friend, but it's just as easy to use your machine. And that's it! Don't you just love it?! I know I do! I'll try to upload a picture of our little boy ghost and his bow tie soon.

Chelsy

Linking to:

Tip Junkie handmade projects






 

Photobucket"

2 comments:

Jilly said...

I already shared these resources with students, colleagues, and family members. It is very helpful to do in weekends, I will try it and share soon my work in your blog.
gifts for boys

Anonymous said...

I love this, come and share it with WorkShop Wednesday.