About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 6, 2009

{You're in for a treat!}

So, I am seriously losing it over here! I mean K-RAZY! Yes, I just used a "K" to spell crazy because it is that bad. Let me back track a little bit and scream at the top of my lungs explain why...We are on a "No Spending Challenge" for a whole, yes a WHOLE month!! Have you people ever heard of such a thing?! It's ludicrous! Basically what it means is that we can't spend money on anything that is not a necessity. So, no going to garage sales, or Goodwill, and ESPECIALLY not Hobby Lobby (gasp! :0) or JoAnn's. We can't even go out to eat! (Yikes! That means I have to cook! You ladies have any good recipes you can send me?!) I guess I also need to tell you why we are doing this challenge- The hubs just started a new job. (Yay!) It was not something he planned on doing really; he just got an opportunity he couldn't pass up. And, as I said before it was pretty spur of the moment, which meant no planning or saving...which means things are pretty tight around here...see where I’m going with this?


EDITOR'S NOTE: I am super excited about the Hubs new job, it really is going to be a great opportunity. I have been wanting to do this challenge for a while now. And in all seriousness I really am excited about it and I think when it is all over with we will be very humbled and proud of ourselves:) I know there are people out there who are doing this challenge for longer than a month and am truly inspired by them, and I plan on doing this challenge about four times a year, (but maybe not for a month:) one challenge for every season!

I bet you all are sitting there (if your still reading this, and I haven't lost you with my rantings) wondering what my definition of a "treat" is! Don't worry I’m getting there- like right now!

The Oh-So-Fabulous Chris at Just-A-Girl is having a little party on Monday, the 9th, if you haven't ever read her blog… Do. It. Now! No, wait...not right now, finish mine first silly:) She is too funny, and very crafty. I hate love her, and secretly wish I could be her am always inspired by her. Anyway- she's having her annual "I can make that" party, this is the second year she has done it and I am so excited. I didn't participate last year because I was living under a rock and had no idea what a blog was but I can't wait to do it this year. The party is for anyone and everyone who would like to share any tips/tutorials/ideas for in-expensive gifts this holiday season. Right up my alley!

And it get's better! I am going to take it one step further...I am not only posting a tutorial on Monday for her party, but I am going to post one everyday next week! Yay for you!! That means 6 (Sunday is a day of rest, remember?!) great, cheap, and fun things for you to run out and buy supplies for,(cuz I can't, remember?) however, a lot of these "supplies" are items you probably already have on hand, so you might be able to get crafting right away :)

In case you are wondering "why?" I am doing this, then I will tell you... it's because, my lovely little bloggies, since I can't spend money I needed something a little more challenging to "occupy" my daughters nap time and my normal crafts weren't cutting it! I realize how shallow that last sentence may sound, and please don't think I am worrying myself over the fact that I’m not spending money. I am actually pretty frugal and resourceful. But have you ever heard the phrase "you don't know how bad ya want it 'til ya ain't got it"? (or something like that;) Yeah, that's me in a nutshell right now. Soooo... I searched the depths of my brain (and closet) for ideas and even resorted to stealing borrowing some more talented people’s ideas. (Which I will link to so you can enjoy them also!)

Now, one more little surprise and then I promise I will be finished. To celebrate my weekly challenge, to challenge my existing challenge (huh?) I am having a ***GIVE AWAY*** on Saturday, Nov. 14! All you have to do is leave me a comment each day for each tutorial! Easy, right? That's six chances to win, if you enter everyday. Your prize will be Monday's post for the party, and No, I will not tell you what it is, you have to be surprised. Ok, ok, ok...don't pout, I will give you a hint- It's......some sort of JEWELRY!!! Mmmhhmmm...That’s what I thought; your excited now, aren't you?! And just a little bonus because I love you all soooo much, if you tell your friends about my blog and they leave a comment also, you will get another entry for the give away!

I hope you all have a great weekend, and don't forget to come back Monday :) Also, don't forget to go check out the Just-A-Girl blog, its complete awesomeness.
P.S. Thanks for sticking with this post! I realize it was really long and I'm still adding to it, but it really is such a free-ing thing to be able to write/vent/teach about the things that are inspiring to me :) And since every post needs a pic...

No comments: