About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Family Wall Art

Do you have some wall space that needs updating? Want to make some wall art for it on the cheap? In like...oh...lets exagerate for dramatics sake and say 30min? Here you go...

(I'm not sure why my "a" is dark in every picture, maybe there's a new camera in my near future...cough, cough, wink, wink hubby;)

Here's what your gonna need:
*6 Frames in different sizes, shapes, ect.
*Letters to spell out "Family"(or whatever word you want;) in different fonts and sizes. You can use vinyl or print letters off of your computer.

All you have to do is cut out your letters and put them in the frames, EZ PEAZY LEMON SQUEZY!  I encourage you all to use your imaginations when doing this project, because the possibilities really are endless. I chose to make mine look like floating frames, the way I did that was MOD PODGE baby! I just put a coat on the back of the glass, placed the letter down, let it dry then added another coat to seal it. I put a glue in each corner of the frame to hold it in place then hung them up. I didn't want to do anything too permanent, just in case I change my mind :) You could use coordinating scrapbook paper and lay your printed letters on top. Or you could cut your letters out of scrapbook paper and use them in floating frames. See...endless possibilities :) If you make this project send me your pics so I can admire all your creative abilities! I'm linking up to DIY Day, there are so many fun things over there, so if you get a chance check it out. ONLY 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING!!! I'M SO EXCITED :)



Happy Monday,

P.S. I spent a wonderful weekend with my family this past weekend, which was my inspiration behind this project. I am so thankful to have such a great family, aren't you? :)

4 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

cute! I hope santa brings you a new camera! :)
gail
Happy Thanksgiving!

Rachelle said...

CUTE :) Love it.

Coming by from Kimbas, thanks for sharing!


Rachelle

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

This is super cute!!!

Natural Mama said...

Very easy and it looks great!