About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Waste-Not Wednesday: Play Make-Up

So, change of plans! I know I said I would post a Halloween tutorial, but if you are in my neck of the woods you would know how HUMID it is and the project I wanted to show you just won't dry, so maybe tomorrow!

But for today a simple and oh so easy craft for your little ladies! I got this idea from the very crafty lady at http://www.notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/ 
What you need:
Old eyeshadow, blush or foundation containers, emptied and washed
Cheap nail polish
1. Empty out your make-up container and wash it with soap and water, make sure it is completely dry before going to step two.
2. Take some cheapy nail polish or some that you bought and just isn't the right color on you and pour it in to the empty container very, very slowly so the little metal beads inside don't fall out.
3. Let dry for about twelve hours, the nail polish will shrink a little so fill it back up then let dry for at least 24 hrs. in a well ventilated area. And your done!
*This is a craft that would probably be better done with out the kiddo's seeing it because it takes so long to dry and you will probably want to let it air out for a few days to get the "nail polish smell" off of it. You wouldn't want your little ones getting high off nail polish fumes now would you?! After the smell is gone you can surprise them with their new make-up! Be creative and make your little one a whole bag of make-up, from foundation to lip gloss! My little drama queen loves these, she's not sure where they all go but she knows they go somewhere on her face, it's so funny to watch her! I hope you enjoy and have fun!
These above pictures are Taylor's eyeshadow and lip gloss! To cute!

No comments: