About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 25, 2009

Mantle MakeOver!



Here is the before:



The plate is just an old pie plate that I had, probably from a garage sale! I will post a tutorial for it hopefully tomorrow! It's super easy and only takes, oh probably ten minutes if you can get it done un-interupted, which isn't possible in this household! So, it took me about an hour!!
I love the tree branches! I have been seeing them everywhere! It was a fun project, because Miss Taylor got to help pick branches! All I did was very lightly spray them white. I am making some halloween decorations to hang on them and am probably going to paint them black! The hubs has a strict no decorating rule until it's that holliday's month! I'm D.Y.I.N.G. to get up some spooky stuff! The picture hanging on them now is a little treasure I found at my Nanny's! It's the lyrics to "Amazing Grace" that I made for her in vacation bible school one year, it looked like fall so I hung it up!

Next on my mantle are these lovely vases! Or should I say glasses?! I took some cute scrapbook paper and cut it down to fit inside the glass, then just rolled it up and stuck it in there! I didn't glue it or anything, it just paper in a glass :) Because I have every intention of changing it come Oct. 1!

I'm not to big on the idea of the deer picture up there or the Live, Laugh, Love one, I just didn't have anywhere else to put the deer and the other once again, looked like fall! Any suggestions?! So, what do you think of my first makeover? I am also considering painting the wall behind, and possibly even the mantle....What do you think?!

Oh, and here is a sneak peak of something I made for my bathroom makeover! Stay tuned for that! And no, it doesn't match anything in there, but I just had to hang it up and see what it looked like in all it's glory! It is probably going to get painted during the makeover, along with everything else in there!

Hope you all have a great weekend, Taylor and I are headed to the city for a b-day party! It's "Transformers" can you imagine how excited she is?


No comments: