About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our Oh-So Traditional Christmas Tree

Yes, our tree is a hodge podge of ornaments. No there is no uniformity to it. Yes it has random things from random places. No it does not match anything. And yes I absolutely LOVE it!



Each ornament has a story. I love that. I love how people come into our house and stare and work their way around looking at each and every ornament. I love when someone says "Oh this is pretty, what's it's story?" or "Wow, that's really odd. How did you get that?" (Yeah we hear that alot:) We have a tree topper from the 80's, ornaments from each of our childhood's and are adding new ornaments for our children.  We upgraded to a fake LED tree last year. I have to say, it is alot easier then getting a real one. Especially with a toddler and a newborn!

This little hippo gets alot of questions. Jusy FYI- I did not pay money for her, she was a gift?

She does have alot of character though :)

My husband collected John Deere ornaments growing up... We have a few-


One of this year's new additions...
For this new addition...

So do you see that window thingy in the background? I HATE IT!! I guess that's what we get for living in an old house. Every one who sees it say "Oh, I love that window." First of all it's not a window, it's a pain. I have no idea what to do with it. I don't even think my husband knows it's there. But it's all I can see. What can I do with it?!

 Hope you like our Phillips Family Christmas tree!


 


Linking up to TDC's Christmas Tree Party!

No comments: