About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Help for Haiti

I still haven't got out of my crafting funk. Between the kid running around like a crazy lady, and this little one inside me I have been thoroughly exhausted! I thought today I would post a few great crafts I have seen here and there, until I came across a some even greater posts about Haiti. I haven't recieved permission from everyone to repost their stories, since I decided to do this on a whim, but I'm praying that they will forgive me, since I am after all trying to get the word out to a few more people!

First, Lindsay over at Living with Lindsay has a great post about a friend of hers who is selling necklaces to help Haiti. For every necklace she sells she will donate $10 to Compassion International, which is currently working to help those in Haiti. These necklaces are really beautiful, and they are a constant reminder of how blessed we really are.  Please go to Lindsay's blog and read her post, she give all the details on how to get your necklace.


Kari, over at U Create is getting the word out about Craft Hope in her post here. Craft Hope is an Etsy store that is full of wonderful goodies that have been donated by some very talented people. The proceeds from sales At Craft Hope go to help Doctors without Borders.  They are also excepting donations for any handmade items that can be added to their Etsy store. You can get more info about donating by going to their website: http://www.crafthope.com/


You can also go and check out the Hope for Haiti blog. This blog was set up to take donations and give out information on how you can help. Donations made to the Hope for Haiti blog with go to either the Red Cross or Compassion International. They also have many donated items that can be purchased to help Haiti. I know that these are only a few of the wonderful people and places that are advocating to help Haiti.  I also know that times are tough for many Americans, and alot of people can't afford to help, and if that is the case then I encourage you to pray. Prayers are free and welcomed with open arms. If you have any other great sites that are trying to help Haiti please let me know and I will add them to this list.

Happy Wednesday,






Oh- Don't forget you can text the word "Haiti" to 90999 to donate $10 to the American Red Cross. The $10 is added onto you cell phone bill, so you don't have to worry about any CC info floating around the universe :)

No comments: