About Me

My photo
Hey, it's Chelsy, with a Y! I am a wife to my sweet prince, and mother to one spunky little princess and one handsome little ham of a prince. Painting is my drug of choice. Wine is good too. I'm known to speak without thinking and eat to much chocolate. I love meeting new people, and learning new things. So this is my journey through some not so glorious moments, some not so intelligent thoughts and some possibly crafty ideas.

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's black and white and cute all over?

OK ladies, are you ready for a super cute and easy project? Good, cause I gotcha covered! But first I have to make a little confession. Please don't laugh at me, but....I have a funny thumb. If you've ever noticed in any of my pictures I always try to hide it, but now the secret is out.  It's okay, you can laugh if you want. I know it looks like a toe. I hope you don't have nightmares tonight dreaming about my "toe thumb" as my family affectioantely calls it.
                                                (Please keep reading, I promise it gets better:)

Do you love?


I found this idea on.....where else? Pinterest!! So of course I re-pinned it, then I clicked on the link and the tutorial was in FRENCH! I think? I don't speak french so I'm not sure, but that's what it looked like! Lucky for me, Pinterest is AWE to the SOME and somebody left a comment in ENGLISH. But to keep with proper Blogger etiquette here is the link. If you speak french or whatever then you can follow their tutorial. If not then you can follow mine. Mmmmkay, here we go:

You are going to need:

Base coat, Nail color (Pale colors work bettter.), Top coat. And newspaper clippings.




You are also going to need this "Secret Ingredient" I'm not going to tell you what it is, but if you figure it out then you're in business. Oh, I'm just kidding it's {whisper} Vodka! Gasp! Don't judge me. If you don't have vodka most any kind of clear alcohol will work. If you don't keep liquer in the house, maybe you could borrow some from your neighbor. Err....maybe not. 

Anyway- All you do is paint your base coat and color and let them dry. Then dip your fingernail into the vodka. Take your newspaper clippings and press onto your drunken nail firmly, gently peel it off and voila! Repeat it on all your nails then finish them with a top coat. So fun and cute!

I hope you all will try this and let me know how awesome you think it is! Hasta luego amigos! (I speak spanish, but not french? Oh brother.)

-Chelsy

















P.S. If you get some" newspaper" on your skin, just dip a Q-tip in nail polish remover and wipe it off.

2 comments:

Camille said...

This is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing . . . and having it be in English! :) Ha ha!
I love your writing style- so fun to read!
I am your newest follower- and I would love to have you follow me back!
Camille @
SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

way neat idea!