(Or any book!)Ingredients:
1-2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
4 slices of ham
2 tablespoons of milk
1-2 drops of green food coloring
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1. Melt a teaspoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add sliced ham and brown until edges are slightly crisp. Remove the ham from the pan, cover with aluminum foil, and set aside.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Beat with a whisk until frothy. Then add 1-2 drops of green food coloring until you reach the desired shade of green.
3. Heat a tablespoon of butter or margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat until the butter begins to sizzle. Then add the egg mixture to the pan.
4. Stir the egg mixture with a spatula until the eggs are firm and not too runny.
5. Transfer the eggs to individual plates. Garnish with a sprig of parsley. Add the ham prepared earlier. Serve with toast or warm rolls.
Feeds 4 hungry green-egg lovers.
*This recipe is found on the Seussville website. There are lots of great projects and activities there. http://www.seussville.com/
Have fun and enjoy!